At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – if you are interested in helping us shape Avakin Life’s future, this is a great opportunity.
We’re looking for an amazing HR advisor to support the HR Manager in the delivery of an efficient and effective HR support and advisory service to departments and faculties within Lockwood Publishing by providing first line contact on all people related issues consistent with internal processes and legal requirements. Experience in the L&D field would be highly desirable.
- To provide first line generalist HR advice and support on terms and conditions of employment, benefits and HR policies and procedures, with a view to resolving matters on advice;
- Take responsibility for the implementation of all HR policy, ensuring that all HR issues are dealt with within the timescales set out in the procedures of Lockwood Publishing;
- Provide advice and guidance on occupational health referrals, absence management issues and return to work cases to managers to facilitate a proactive approach to absence management to ensure a smooth return to work;
- Providing (administrative) support to HR Manager on all areas of HR, including disciplinary, absence management, flexible working, performance management, maternity and redundancy, etc;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of employment legislation to implement best practice, policy and procedure, utilising tools and templates to ensure policies are adhered to correctly;
- Work with the HR and Leadership Team on developing our Organizational and Personal development strategy;
- Lead on a project to implement Development plans across the organisation;
- Part of a project team to define and communicate career paths throughout the company.
- CIPD qualified, ideally at least to Level 5;
- Organisational and administrative skills;
- Experience in an HR environment;
- Advising and working with senior members of staff;
- IT programmes and HR systems;
- Experience of L&D;
- Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business;
- Driven and determined;
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly.