At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer to join our growing Cloud Engineering Team. This is a wonderful opportunity to work on infrastructure for a large-scale mobile game.
This role can be based out of any of our Lockwood offices (Cambridge, Lisbon, Nottingham, Newcastle, Vilnius) or fully remote with the option of office work at your discretion.
- Provisioning, monitoring, maintaining, scaling, and securing cloud infrastructure and highly-available backend services.
- Working with backend development team to build and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems in the Cloud
- Mentor less experienced developers in the team, willing to share knowledge and contribute to their growth.
- Administration, troubleshoot and ongoing optimisation of databases.
- Documenting infrastructure and services
- Automation of infrastructure provisioning and operation.
- Assist development teams adhere to Cloud Native architecture designs and practises
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services, including EC2, RDS and supporting/operating systems deployed on Kubernetes or AWS ECS
- Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code in the Cloud (preferable Terraform but not required).
- Strong experience building CI/CD pipelines with different deployment strategies.
- Strong experience with Linux and TCP troubleshooting
- Good understanding of software development processes
- Good understanding on how the internet and web applications work