At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Lead UI Artist to join team to play a pivotal role in the ongoing development of Avakin Life.
- Help design and integrate innovative UI that is player-focused.
- Work in unison with the UX team to deliver a peerless user experience with beautifully crafted visuals free of friction.
- Working closely with Code teams to ensure the art supports the games technical requirements.
- Maintain optimal performance of the UI systems through the visual design choices to run on multiple devices and platforms.
- Communicate progress and highlight issues efficiently to ensure smooth feature development.
- Present and sell your designs to stakeholders with appropriate levels of detail.
- Mentor and develop UI team members.
- Prioritising team members tasks always making sure the work fits within the team's capacity.
- Develop player-facing interfaces from concept through to completion.
- Rapidly iterate interface in line with the game art direction.
- Present and detail optimum guidelines for workflow and visuals.
- Strong graphic design skills
- 4 years + experience of developing UI for mobile products – games or apps.
- Experience of leading or mentoring other artists.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Experience shipping multiple apps or games with a proven workflow
- Experience of taking responsibility for multiple features and being able to handle workload independently.
- A clear understanding of how to work with other members of a cross discipline team.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, technologies, and competitor products.
- Unity / Unreal engine experience / excellent knowledge of Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and other design tools.
- Excellent communication skills