At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an awesome lead software engineer who has a solid background within mobile app/game development. The role will involve improving the performance, stability and ease of use within our UI Tech, while also working closely with the feature development teams to add additional functionality and working closely alongside the UX / UI teams to ensure the tech is coherent with the UX / UI style that we are working towards.
- Keep up to date with Unity’s UI solutions (eg. features, performance) and have a good working understanding of these;
- Communicate with various teams throughout Lockwood to provide an understanding of what the UI Tech can do, how it should be used and get feedback to help guide further the development of the UI Tech;
- Collaborate with our QA teams to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner;
- Promote and adhere to best-practice with regards to code quality and performance;
- Collaborate with Leads and Product team to help plan and schedule tasks and app releases;
- Lead, manage, mentor and support a team of programmers;
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions in existing and new tech;
- Communicate with external companies (eg. Unity3D) to work through any potential issues.
- 5+ years programming experience developing games, mobile applications or similar products;
- Experience of shipping at least one game or mobile application;
- A passion for making high quality UI and an interest in UX design;
- Excellent communication skills; you must be comfortable collaborating with colleagues from non-programming disciplines such as player support team and live ops team;
- Desirables: Unity3D, C#, Web development experience (HTML, CSS), Experience working on a live product, Experience with Git or P4.