At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun.
With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an awesome Software Engineer with a solid background in mobile game development. This role will involve working as part of the Game Client team to develop new features and experiences within Avakin Life.
- Create, debug, maintain, extend, and optimise code for game features and experiences;
- Work with your Lead, Product Manager and the rest of the team to deliver assigned tasks;
- Identify and call-out risks and suggest solutions in both existing code and new features;
- Keep up to date with Unity engine features and best practices for performant code;
- Write clear, efficient, robust and maintainable code using C# and Unity;
- Work closely with our QA department to ensure that features do not introduce new bugs.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation, where appropriate
- Game programming experience, preferably within Unity;
- Clear understanding of the Unity game engine;
- Good knowledge of C#;
- Good communication skills: you will be working on features that require you to work with colleagues from both other Engineering disciplines and also non-technical teams;
- Shipped at least one game using Unity;
- Experience working with mobile games;
- Experience working on a Live free to play product;
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.