At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our in-house Data Team in Nottingham. You will be working, alongside data scientists and engineers, on researching and implementing novel techniques and methods in which data can be leveraged to inform the wider team and help guide product development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Mining big data sets using a variety of statistical techniques with the aim of finding interesting data patterns and relationships that could help us understand the behaviour of end-users;
- Researching and implementing machine learning algorithms that contribute to improved business intelligence;
- Designing data visualisations that are clear, informative, and easy to understand by both technical and non-technical team members;
- Interacting cross-functionally with each department in order to understand their data requirements;
- Defining key performance indicators that quantify the product quality;
- Delivering actionable insights to business stakeholders via regular reports.
- Proficient in at least one of R and Python;
- Ability to query databases accurately and efficiently using SQL;
- Deep understanding of data mining principles, tools, processes, and statistical techniques;
- Working knowledge of machine learning concepts and techniques and their application;
- Generally curious, open-minded about new technical ideas, and rigorous;
- Comfortable communicating complex ideas and analyses to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Previous industry experience of driving and informing product development using data science tools;
- Passion for games development and the data that is used in the industry.