At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme, we’re a super destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for talented people – if you are interested in helping us shape Avakin Life’s future, this is a great opportunity.
We are looking for an awesome senior software engineer who has
experience within mobile app/game development. The role will involve
improving usability, stability and performance of our networking code
throughout the Avakin Life product.
- Work closely with various teams throughout Lockwood to develop new or improve existing functionality, eg. Backend, Data;
- Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, and proactive;
- Collaborate with our QA teams to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner;
- Promote and adhere to best-practice with regards to code quality and performance; and continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues;
- Collaborate with Leads and Product team to help plan and schedule tasks and app releases;
- Mentor less Junior and mid-level members of the team;
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions in existing and new features / functionality;
- Keep up to date with Unity game engine features and best practices for performance.
- 4+ years programming experience developing games, mobile applications or similar products;
- Experience of shipping at least one game or mobile application;
- Excellent communication skills; you must be comfortable collaborating with colleagues from non-programming disciplines such as player support team and live ops team;
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of a feature or task;
- Experience with HTTP / Websockets / TLS.
- Desirables: An understanding of network coding for apps / multiplayer games, managing the synchronization of data / state between server and client, C#, Experience working on a live product, Experience with Git, Experience with server programming, experience with multithreading programming.