At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. This role will be working in our exciting Data Team, where you will be joined by industry experts. This role can be performed remotely.
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development and software lifecycle, including high level design, architecture definition, implementation, testing, deployment;
- Design, develop, test, deploy and manage software applications to support our use of data and advanced analytics;
- Create software and tooling necessary to build automated deployment pipelines;
- Develop near real-time and batch-based data processing frameworks;
- Build and maintain data pipelines to process diverse data sets at scale and with low latency;
- Maintain and extend our data and analytics environments to provide additional tools and capabilities;
- Containerize software applications and deploy them through container orchestration systems;
- Ensure reliability and security, liaising with the security team to implement policies through code;
- Lead the execution of projects and provide technical leadership to drive our data products and insight strategy, advocating the effective use of data technologies;
- Mentor and lead members of the Data Engineering team; set a quality bar, inspire innovation & creativity and make the vision a reality;
- Work with external development teams (2nd, 3rd or contractual) to successfully launch new technical products that provide advanced data science and analytical capabilities.
- Significant experience in AWS Services (Lambda, S3, EMR, DynamoDb and CloudFormation)
- Significant experience with big data ecosystems and infrastructure including Hadoop, mapreduce, Vertica and Snowflake
- Highly proficient Python programmer
- Experience deploying applications through Container orchestration systems (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Proven history of adopting production related processes, deployment pipelines and reviews
- Agile enthusiast, proven experience working with Product Owners to expand user stories into engineering tasks, ensuring development is focused and impactful
- Deep understanding of design patterns and good code practices
- Understanding of current & future business needs relative to the gaming and technology industry
- Experience in building strong relationships within a company and empowering your team to do the same