At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme, we’re a super destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – if you are interested in helping us shape Avakin Life’s future, this is a great opportunity.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to oversee our Backend Web Services team
- Manage and oversee the engineering team;
- Support and mentor leads and senior developers;
- Grow and structure the teams to deliver on key business goals;
- Drive technical excellence by validating technology choices, architectural design and code quality, diving deeper when necessary;
- Own and communicate the technical vision and roadmap for backend web services;
- Collaborate with other technical leaders to drive technical best practices;
- Coordinate closely with other disciplines (especially Production and Product Management) to ensure alignment against overall goals for Avakin Life and Lockwood Publishing.
- Track record of managing backend web services teams;
- Track record of working on high concurrency, real-time services at scale;
- Experience directly managing teams of software engineers;
- Experience managing leads;
- Extensive prior hands-on software development experience;
- Experience with Go development, tools and ecosystem;
- Solid understanding of best practices for backend services development including scalability, monitoring, automated testing and build/release cycles;
- Familiarity with agile development methods and tools.