At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an awesome Senior Software Engineer with a solid background in mobile game development using Unity. This role will involve working as part of the Game Client team to develop new features and experiences within Avakin Life. You will also be expected to help mentor more junior members of the team and help them grow in their abilities.
This role can be based out of any of our Lockwood offices (Cambridge, Lisbon, Nottingham, Newcastle, Vilnius) or fully remote with the option of office work at your discretion.
- Architect, create, debug, maintain, extend, and optimise code for game features and experiences
- Collaborate with other departments, including non-technical ones, to help design and develop features for a live title
- Work with your Lead, Product Manager, and the rest of the team to plan out and deliver tasks
- Help break down complex tasks into smaller deliverables
- Identify and call-out risks and suggest solutions in both existing code and new features
- Keep up to date with Unity engine features and best practices for performant code
- Write clear, efficient, robust and maintainable code using C# and Unity
- Work closely with our QA department to ensure that features do not introduce new bugs
- Mentor more junior engineers to help with their career development and the performance of the team overall
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation, where appropriate
- Extensive game programming experience, preferably within Unity;
- Shipped at least one game using Unity;
- Clear understanding of the Unity game engine;
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience programming in, C#;
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of a feature, area, topic or task;
- Excellent communication skills: you will be working on features that require you to work with colleagues from both other Engineering disciplines and also non-technical teams;
- Knowledge or familiarity with Unity Native Plug in and C++ advantageous
- Shipped more than one game using Unity
- Experience working with mobile games;
- Knowledge of OpenGL / Metal
- Experience working on a Live free to play product;
- Experience working in networked/multi-player games;
- Experience working in cross-functional teams;
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.