At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – if you are interested in helping us shape Avakin Life’s future, this is a great opportunity.
We are seeking an experienced, resourceful Product Owner to join our content department. In this position, you will be responsible for the effective running of an agile cross disciplined team to define and prioritize the teams backlog, by gathering business requirements, prioritizing them and working with the Scrum Team to deliver within the timeline agreed with the business stakeholders.
The main responsibilities of the Product Owner are:
- Working within the content management team, establish a product vision and a roadmap, that aligns with our objectives and goals;
- Act as a subject matter expert for assigned game updates;
- Produce, analyse, refine and document business requirements and user stories to be included in the product backlog to ensure the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared stories to work on;
- Work with external partners and managers to prioritize features and stories with external dependencies.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories. Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with business stakeholders and provide visibility across our various teams;
- Manage the agile Scrum framework to ensure meetings/ceremonies are organised and booked driving the team to success. Run successful release planning and sprint planning sessions, as well as sprint reviews and retrospectives;
- Your team will be a multi-disciplined team consisting of live ops designers, various disciplines of artists, fashion designers & QA.
- Bridge the team with the publishing department to ensure release dates with the publishing release process are clear and achievable.
- Proactively resolve customer satisfaction issues;
- With support from Data Services, ensure the team are focussing on the live metrics whilst iterating and developing continuous learnings.
- Keep up to date with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- 3-5 years' experience working as an Agile Product Owner in a mobile games studio;
- 3-5 years expertise in product management in an applicable industry or field;
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles, backlog management techniques (story slicing, story mapping) and metrics (burn down metrics, velocity, lead time, cycle time);
- Demonstrable expertise of project management fundamentals;
- Good knowledge and acumen of IT Technology fundamentals and solutions. Data & Analytics are a major plus;
- Proficiency with collaboration tools (JIRA Agile & Aha and Confluence);
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills;
- Excellent organizational and meeting coordination skills;
- Analytical and synthesising skills;
- Ability to draft documents that are clear and well structured;
- Ability to prioritize activities in the face of competing demands.