At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are always interested to hear from Senior Programmers with experience in Go, in order to join our backend team and help make improvements to our game.
- The creation and maintenance of fast, efficient and reliable backend micro services to be used by the game client;
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of automated testing for our backend API and services;
- Create and maintain minimum amount of documentation required for team members to understand how web services and API function.
- Minimum of two years developing back end systems for video games, gaming/gambling, or any other large-scale back-end API or web development;
- A working knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQL Server;
- A basic level of Python programming ability;
- A clear understanding of fault tolerance and data integrity in relation to back end architecture;
- A huge willingness to learn and expand their technical horizons;
- Ability to both troubleshoot and identify optimisation opportunities in back-end APIs;
- Practical experience of Linux.