Lockwood’s vision is to provide a limitless virtual space where everyone is free to be anyone. We work on the cutting-edge of mobile game development to create Avakin Life - an award-winning social universe enjoyed by millions every day. In return, we receive a competitive salary and first-class benefits - including a share scheme and quarterly bonuses. Join us to contribute to an environment that embraces communication, collaboration and inclusivity. We want great people with even greater ideas. If you’re ready to work for one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies, we’d love to hear from you.
We're looking for an awesome Unity UI developer to join our UI development team and help push Avakin Life to the next level.
At Lockwood we are always looking to improve and implement new ideas, this ideology led us to winning the Best Innovation Award at the Tiga awards in 2019. This role will enable you to play a key part in the continuous success and innovation of our product.
You will be part of a wider world-class development team working with cutting edge technologies within a professional and dynamic games development environment. We offer flexi-time, great colleagues and a bonus scheme which in the past has paid out close to a million pounds in a single year. Our game, Avakin Life, is played by over a million users right across the world every single day and is multi-award winning.
- Write clear, efficient and robust code using C# and Unity.
- Collaborate with client and art departments to design, develop and maintain features for a UI framework used by developers across multiple studios.
- Research and develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features and improve the technical evolution of the interface.
- Work closely with the UX/UI teams to implement UI widgets according to their requirements.
- Ensure reliability and performance of the UI framework through bug fixing and optimisation.
- Ensure ease of use of the UI framework.
- Work with Leads and Producers to plan and schedule tasks.
- Write and maintain technical documentation where appropriate
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the video game industry or equivalent
- At least one shipped title, preferably on a mobile platform
- A clear understanding of C# as well as the Unity game engine and its nuances.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, Perforce).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of a feature or task.
- Have the ability and desire to quickly gain a working knowledge of an existing codebase.
- Experience developing a UI framework.
- Experience developing features to be used by other developers.
- Experience working in networked game development.
- Experience developing on mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS / React / Redux / Markdown.
- Computer Science degree or similar qualification.