At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a super talented Technical Character Artist to join our expanding R&D department, you will be working in parallel to a talented character team and directly with a large team of programmers and animators.. Providing technical guidance, examples and defining art workflow and pipelines as well as driving forward the future of development. The role can be fully remote and has potential to be a Lead for the right candidate too.
- Create fantastic example character artwork to demo and develop the latest tech;
- Work closely with the R&D Art Director and Tech studio director to define and maintain art workflows;
- Character pipeline research and development;
- Collaborate with the animation/rigging team ensuring all character best practises are being adhered to;
- Provide guidance to character artists encouraging best working practices and strong asset organisation;
- Proactively provide suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow;
- Clearly communicate and document art production pipelines;
- Provide scripts and workflow enhancements to the development teams.
- Outstanding character modelling, texturing and presentation skills;
- Very strong knowledge of game engines and the technical constraints and challenges of game development;
- Strong technical understanding of character art pipelines, memory and rendering budgets;
- Understanding of character rigging and skinning pipelines/workflows;
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across multiple teams;
- Understanding of modern procedural asset creation techniques (Scanning, Marvellous);
- Strong interest in the latest advancements in Mobile and console graphics and visual trends;
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (such as Python,Mel, C++);
- 2 years minimum experience as Technical Artist in the games industry.