At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for an awesome Senior IT Technician to help manage and support the IT infrastructure for over 200 developers across several studios. This is a great opportunity to join a mobile video games studio working on a live title with almost 1.5 million daily users.
You will provide experienced 3rd line IT technical support and resolve complex support requests in the IT helpdesk from users & clients across all studios via email, Slack, and face to face communication. You will also be responsible for the ongoing management and maintenance of the core business infrastructure, including application, operating system and security patching. Ensure all technical documentation and the IT asset register are consistently accurate and up to date.
- IT Incident Management – Assist the IT Director in maintaining the day-to-day running and operation of the IT helpdesk, in addition to responding to and resolving incidents and service request quickly within defined SLAs;
- Manage the day-to-day operation of core infrastructure including VMware virtual hosts, HP network switching, Sophos firewalls and Unifi access points;
- Develop and maintain patching schedules to ensure all servers and network equipment is secure and up to date;
- Work closely with the IT Security team to further develop and secure IT within the business;
- Ensure that documentation, help guides, and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are maintained and up to date to assist in future incident management and daily operations;
- Act as a technical lead in the delivery of departmental and wider business projects and goals;
- Perform regular upkeep of the IT asset register, ensuring all assets are present in the system and that the unique asset information is correct, specifically the location while staff are working from home;
- Maintain supplier relationships, contracts and licenses. Work with the IT Director to build and maintain a license renewal schedule;
- Mentor junior IT Technicians and become a point of escalation when they require assistance.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience working in a similar IT Support role with qualifications in a related discipline (e.g., ITIL, CompTIA, MCP, MCITP, MCSE, MCSA);
- Proven experience working in a mixed Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac environment;
- Experience with Office 365, Exchange Online and Identity Providers (IdP) such as Okta or Azure AD (AAD);
- Server-based Linux/Unix admin experience (Ubuntu Server, CentOS, Debian);
- You will be a team player, able to follow instructions, work as part of a wider team and be capable of working on projects autonomously;
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting demands. Work independently but recognise escalation paths where appropriate;
- Effective communication skills and overall be a friendly, helpful, confident and organised individual.