At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an awesome software engineer who has a solid background within mobile app/game development. The role will to help bring our avakin product to additional app stores, and help with the advancement and maintenance of the codebase, especially around the parts that interact with the mobile ecosystems.
- Keep up to date with new developments (eg. features and technologies) within the mobile platform realm (Android / iOS);
- Ensuring OS features / SDKs are integrated in the correct way and supports all mainstream target mobile platform operating system versions / variants;
- Prepare the app for upcoming Android / iOS updates and AppStore guideline changes (eg. Android R);
- Communicate with external companies (including AppStore Supports teams and SDK Providers) to work through any potential issues;
- Communicate with various teams within Lockwood to help understand and use the various SDKs correctly (eg. FAQ systems,
- Advert Systems, etc);
- Collaborate with our QA teams to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner;
- Promote and adhere to best-practice with regards to code quality and performance;
- Collaborate with the Leads to plan and schedule tasks;
- Collaborate with the Client Code Team to provide a good quality API to any plugins.
- 3+ years programming experience developing mobile applications;
- or similar products;
- Experience of writing code in either Java or Obj-C within a mobile domain;
- Experience of shipping at least one mobile application on Android and iOS;
- Knowledge of Android and Apple mobile App ecosystem;
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of a feature or task;
- Excellent communication skills; you must be comfortable collaborating with colleagues from non-programing disciplines such as player support team and live ops team;
- Desirables: Unity3D, C#, Gradle, Cocoapods, Kotlin, Swift, Experience working on a live product.