At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an awesome Senior Software Engineer with a solid background in backend development. This role will involve working in a dynamic and autonomous environment, as part of our Chat platform team.
- Design, develop and operate low latency, efficient and reliable chat platform to be used by the game client and other internal services.
- Ensure the quality and reliability of the developed systems by adopting load testing, automation, and unit testing practices.
- Ensure the operational excellence of the developed systems by adopting observability practices, and scalability, and reliability designs in the cloud.
- Participate in the architecture and code review processes of the team.
- Working with the wider Backend, Client, Cloud Engineering and QA teams
- Be able to mentor less experienced developers in the team, willing to share knowledge and contribute for their growth.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and developing distributed systems in large scale platforms using languages such as C/C++, Golang, C#.
- Skilled professional experience with containerisation technologies and micro-services architecture
- Skilled professional experience operating distributed systems in the cloud applying observability best practices and tools
- A good working knowledge of Network concepts
- A good working knowledge of databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experienced in both troubleshoot and identify optimisation opportunities in back-end systems
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Effective communication skills and enjoy for sharing knowledge and collaborating with others
- Unity experience is a plus
- Python and Lua programming experience beneficial
- Experience working with Public Clouds (e.g.: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience implementing and operating CI/CD pipelines
- Experience designing systems in the Cloud with infrastructure as code frameworks
- Experience developing and supporting systems deployed on Kubernetes or AWS ECS
- Experience debugging with C/C++