Lockwood’s vision is to provide a limitless virtual space where everyone is free to be anyone. We work on the cutting-edge of mobile game development to create Avakin Life - an award-winning social universe enjoyed by millions every day. In return, we receive a competitive salary and first-class benefits - including a share scheme and quarterly bonuses. Join us to contribute to an environment that embraces communication, collaboration and inclusivity. We want great people with even greater ideas. If you’re ready to work for one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies, we’d love to hear from you.
We're looking for a super tech coder with experience of Unity and C# to assist with the development of the core framework layer of Avakin Life. With almost 8 million monthly players, this is a great opportunity to work on a highly rated mobile title.
- Work in an interdisciplinary team of artists, designers and engineers to design, prototype and implement new real-time engine, core technology and graphics features
- Proactively help to improve the existing technology used to build our games, whilst minimising technical debt and maintenance risks.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and find solutions to overcome them
- Work within the constraints of our existing proprietary technology and develop new technology when necessary
- Promote and adhere to best-practice with regards to code quality and performance
- Assist with performance profiling and optimisation of your own and others code to fit platform constraints
- Collaborate with the Leads to plan and schedule tasks
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in engine and general programming techniques in the games and wider technology industries
- Collaborate with our QA teams to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Write system documentation and test cases for assigned systems
- 5+ years programming experience developing games or similar products
- Strong practical experience of C# and C++
- Experience developing with modern game engines, such as Unity or Unreal.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used algorithms and techniques
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of a feature or task
- Excellent communication skills; you must be comfortable collaborating with colleagues from non-programing disciplines such as art and design
- Experience of the full development life cycle from design through to shipping
- A pragmatic, robust approach to solving technical and non-technical problems
- Ability and desire to learn and master new and unfamiliar technologies and code
- Experience of developing software for Android and/or iOS
- Experience of developing game engine code.
- Experience of using CPU, memory and power profiling tools to inform optimisation work
- Experience in a Continuous Delivery environment, working on a live product
- Experience writing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline