At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – if you are interested in helping us shape Avakin Life’s future, this is a great opportunity.
Reporting directly to the Strategic Program Director, the Product Manager (Social Systems) will use their experience of virtual goods-based business models to develop new social features and systems for mobile titles that will help improve engagement, retention and virality.
- Be involved in the product development, strategic vision, and business operations of a mobile gaming title;
- Own the data operation of your title, including the management/improvement of tools and technology;
- Be an expert in understanding the players;
- Developing social loops to help drive player engagement;
- Identifying strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for growth in the game experience;
- Work with the developers to define, plan, and iterate game features to a high-quality standard;
- Create reports and design specifications that effectively communicate information an requirements to all team members;
- Share learnings and best practice with other teams.
- Experience of working on a product with a strong social element - this can be video games or social networks;
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and the appeal of different game types;
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and the ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics;
- Ability to write clear and concise specs for new features;
- Ability to understand and think creatively about the most engaging and profitable game mechanics and themes;
- Hands-on and impact-driven – you focus on results and the desire to make the best game possible;
- Experience of working on a successful mobile F2P title game in the role of Product Manager would be advantageous but is not essential.