Lockwood’s vision is to provide a limitless virtual space where everyone is free to be anyone. We work on the cutting-edge of mobile game development to create Avakin Life - an award-winning social universe enjoyed by millions every day. In return, we receive a competitive salary and first-class benefits - including a share scheme and quarterly bonuses. Join us to contribute to an environment that embraces communication, collaboration and inclusivity. We want great people with even greater ideas. If you’re ready to work for one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies, we’d love to hear from you.
With almost 8 million monthly users, we're currently working on developing and improving the backend of Avakin Life - but we need more help. If you're a backend coder with experience in golang, python or java, we'd love to hear from you.
- Creation and maintenance of fast, efficient and reliable backend micro services to be used by the game client
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of automated testing for our backend API and services
- Create and maintain minimum amount of documentation required for team members to understand how web services and API function
- Minimum of two years developing back end systems for video games, gaming/gambling, or any other large-scale back-end API or web development
- A working knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQL Server
- A basic level of Python programming ability
- A clear understanding of fault tolerance and data integrity in relation to back end architecture
- A huge willingness to learn and expand their technical horizons
- Ability to both troubleshoot and identify optimisation opportunities in back-end APIs
- Practical experience of Linux