At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme, we’re a super destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – if you are interested in helping us shape Avakin Life’s future, this is a great opportunity.
We’re looking for an amazing Art Director to help manage the art production and content pipeline across our studios. You’ll have the opportunity to work in an international team of talented and enthusiastic professionals developing Avakin Life, and by bringing your energy and experience to the table you’ll be able to make a significant contribution to Avakin’s continued growth.
- Define and own the visual identity of the game Through evolution of Art style guides and vison for future production with tools and tech;
- Drive the creative vision of our content updates through your leads and artists;
- Set up the best practices and standards for production based on industry benchmarks and share your expertise with the team members;
- Manage Environment, Character and Animation leads to ensure they evolve and grow with the company;
- Build and oversee team development within the Content Art team;
- Oversee art hiring, development and resourcing;
- Review and validate the assets going into the game using best practices and experience whilst working closely across the content art department;
- Work with the Outsource manger and external partners to drive quality expectations and efficiencies with internal teams;
- Work with Creative services to ensure close collaboration with 3rd Party partners and drive business opportunities guiding the visual implementation within Lockwood;
- Have oversight of the technical art pipelines across disciplines.
- Track record of at least 3 major mobile games as an Art Director or team lead; variety of genres is a plus in particular multi player social games.
- Experience in working on social games on mobile is a major plus;
- Experience in working with licensed IPs is a major plus;
- Experience in working with both in-house and outsourcing/external art teams;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Desire to understand the customers’ preferences and the ability to produce appealing art;
- Motivated, goal-oriented, strong team player.
- Experience with use of big data in a live product to steer decision making within own department.
- Experience working with Agile in any production setting.
- Proven experience with the Unity engine for a mobile product.