At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme, we’re a super destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – if you are interested in helping us shape Avakin Life’s future, this is a great opportunity.
We’re looking for an experienced Character Artist to lead our team. Working with existing artists and our fashion design team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring high quality output from both our inhouse team and our outsources into Avakin.
- Leading the character art team in development of high-quality clothing;
- Modeling, texturing and implementation of real-time character models;
- Contributing to the references, concepts, and art direction, while also having the initiative to take the work further independently;
- Working closely with the team and external partners to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive.
- Shipped at east one mobile title as a Lead Character Artist;
- 5+ years of experience in game development (ideally mobile);
- You have proficient knowledge of Unreal Engine, Maya / Modo / MudBox / ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter or equivalent package;
- Understanding of industrial and product design;
- You have excellent understanding of form, shape, structure, and anatomy;
- Strong traditional art skills such as painting, drawing or sculpting;
- Experience with modular character sets.