At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Backend Lead to work with Client and Interactivity features. This role is key to our operations at Lockwood and the successful candidate will be one of the most important members of our Engineering team. They will also help to lead a team of over 12 and continue to grow it further.
- Work day-to-day with Client teams and content teams to enable new features and experiences;
- Guide and manage a team of backend engineers to deliver client and interactive features;
- Evolve and bring the best both team wise and individually for a team of talented backend engineers;
- Oversee long term strategy for scaling out our backend to support client and interactive features;
- Architectural insight and overview of key backend services and technology;
- Be a key contributor to the GAAS operational team ensuring we have high availability and uptime;
- Work with other engineering teams to ensure to manage cross-team dependencies and ensure we are re heading in the right direction.
- Excellent team leadership experience;
- Strong commercial programming experience in Go;
- Experience working closely with DevOps departments using technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes & Terraform;
- Beneficial: Software Architecture experience, Python, Unity, Experience working in a Games Studio.