At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme, we’re a super destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – if you are interested in helping us shape Avakin Life’s future, this is a great opportunity.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Director to oversee the teams developing our Content Publishing and Live Game tools.
- Manage and oversee the engineering team;
- Drive technical excellence by leading technology choices, architectural design and code quality, diving deeper when necessary;
- Structure the development approach to deliver on key business goals;
- Support and mentor leads and senior developers;
- Collaborate with other technical leaders to drive technical best practices;
- Coordinate closely with other disciplines (especially Production and Product Management) to ensure alignment against overall goals for Avakin Life and Lockwood Publishing.
- Track record of managing backend and web-based engineering teams;
- Experience directly managing teams of software engineers;
- Extensive hands-on technical architecting and software development experience;
- Solid understanding of best practices for engineering process, code quality, build/release pipelines server and client side, security and live operations;
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages and backend platforms (i.e. AWS/Azure/GCP, Python, Go, JS, React);
- Familiarity with agile development methods and tools;
- Experience with digital publishing systems is a plus.