We are looking for the next big contributor to leading our QA Department and spearhead an exceptional QA Team across the multiple Studios and locations of Lockwood Publishing. We will value someone who’s responsible, kind, and trustworthy. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills, work with a great bunch of people, and take ownership of your tasks and responsibilities.
As the Head of QA, you will be overseeing a both on-site and outsourced teams. Your management skills and experience in the field will be essential for inspiring, coaching and collaborating with cross-disciplined groups whilst maintaining a positive team environment. You must have the ability to see the bigger picture and utilise your team's skill sets in order to drive forward and advocate good QA practices.
- Lead the vision, values, and strategic priorities for the QA Team, in alignment with the overall business strategy, ensuring everyone in the QA department is involved and aligned.
- Focus on problem solving and consistently implement high quality defect prevention and detection processes, embed this mindset within the QA Team and across the studio.
- Think ahead and ensure future efforts, projects and the studio’s direction have solid Quality Assurance procedures, people, and documentation much before said topics require hands-on support.
- Continuously adapt the QA procedures, talent, and resources for both in-house and outsourced teams based on every other teams’ needs.
- Maintain and ensure that the right department structure is in place, with the right people in the right jobs.
- Own and drive the QA roadmap at a studio level.
- Good experince as QA Manager or higher position in mobile and/or console games, gaming, or other content focused apps.
- Good understanding of the F2P app development model.
- Solid experience with mobile platforms and their operating systems.
- Solid experience with creating checklists, test-Cases & action plans.
- Strong communication skills and able to work as part of a team.
- Experience with leading a team of testers.
- Project and test management experience.
- Ability to identify risks and escalate to applicable stakeholders.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and practices.