At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We're looking for an awesome tech or engine coder to help us push forward with some exciting features we want to bring to Avakin. Someone who has worked on an in-house game engine would be ideal for this position. This role can be performed remotely.
- Work in an interdisciplinary team of artists, designers and engineers to design, prototype and implement new real-time engine, core technology and graphics features;
- Proactively help to improve the existing technology used to build our games, whilst minimising technical debt and maintenance risks;
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and find solutions to overcome them;
- Work within the constraints of our existing proprietary technology and develop new technology when necessary;
- Promote and adhere to best-practice with regards to code quality and performance;
- Assist with performance profiling and optimisation of your own and others code to fit platform constraints;
- Collaborate with the Leads to plan and schedule tasks;
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in engine and general programming techniques in the games and wider technology industries;
- Help mentor and support more junior members of the team;
- Collaborate with our QA teams to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner;
- Write system documentation and test cases for assigned systems.
- Experience developing with modern game engines, such as Unity/Unreal, or an in-house game engine;
- Experience of commonly used real-time 3D graphics techniques and mathematics;
- Experience mentoring Graphics Programmers;
- Experience of working within and optimising for tight CPU, GPU and memory budgets;
Desirable: knowledge of advanced animation topics such as inverse kinematics and key reduction, experience writing and optimising shaders, especially for lighting and animation, experience with graphics profiling & debugging tools (e.g.RenderDoc, Mail Graphics Debugger, PIX, Razor).