At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme, we’re a super destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for talented people – if you are interested in helping us shape Avakin Life’s future, this is a great opportunity.
We are looking for an awesome software engineer who has a solid background within mobile app/game development.
The role will be to help with the advancement and maintenance of the game’s codebase, especially around the parts that interact with the mobile ecosystems.
- Ensuring OS features, API’s & SDKs are integrated correctly and supports our target mobile platform OS versions & variants, (currently our min SDK is Android KitKat & iOS 11);
- Prepare the app for upcoming Android / iOS & Amazon updates, requirements and AppStore guideline changes;
- Communicate with various teams within Lockwood to help understand and use the various SDKs correctly (e.g. FAQ systems, Advert Systems, etc);
- Work with our QA teams to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner;
- Work with the Client Code team to provide SOLID API’s to any plugins;
- Communicate with external companies (including AppStore Support teams and SDK Providers) to work through any potential issues;
- Keep up to date with new developments (e.g., features and technologies) within the mobile platform realm (Android, iOS & Amazon).
- 3+ years programming experience developing mobile applications with Unity.
- Strong knowledge in Kotlin and / or Swift
- Good Unity3D knowledge with good understanding of C#
- Experience of converting a legacy project written in Java or Objective-C into Kotlin / Swift equivalents
- Experience of unit testing best practices in Android or iOS
- Experience of shipping multiple products on a mobile platform.
- Good knowledge of Android and/or Apple mobile App ecosystem.
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of a feature or task.
- Excellent communication skills; you must be comfortable collaborating with colleagues from non-programming disciplines such as player support team and live ops team.
Desirables Git, Perforce, Push notifications System, Deeplinking, Experience working on a live product, Jira, Jenkins.