We are looking for an individual eager to provide support for our Development and Production teams by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected quality level. Help ensure exciting, functional content is delivered to an engaged player base. Work together with the QA Test Lead & Manager helping define strong test strategies whiles advocating QA practices. Other responsibilities for the role will include maintaining terminology databases/ glossaries for game content. Creating Checklists & Test-Cases as well as driving qualities with in-depth understanding of software design, implementation and integration.
- Work with game team Software Engineers, Artists and Production team to eliminate issues before change lists integration and to validate that features have reached the targeted quality levels.
- Compile trackers and reports for regression, checklists and coverage.
- Proactively pick up testing requests from the development, art and management teams.
- Create in-depth action plans and summaries for testing requests from the development, art and management teams.
- Analyse the information provided by the development, art and management teams and be able to identify risk areas.
- Find and enter high-quality issues based on department standards and perform edge case scenario tests to ensure fixes have no knock-on effects.
- Take ownership for the testing of new features from development to post- release including:
– Act as first point of contact about the current state of the game area
– Test-Plan creation
– Test-Case creation
– Initiate conversations with development, art and management team members involved in the specific area of the game
– Interface with other in-house QA, the Outsourced QA team & Development, art, and management team members involved in the specific area of the game on a daily basis
– Create edge case test scenarios and assess potential knock-on issues
– Organise and review testing by other in-house and/or outsourced testers together with the Test Lead & Manager
- Create and update Testing Documentation such as Checklist, Confluence Articles & Test-Cases for various areas and SDKs of the game such as:
– Ads networks
– Social Media & Platform Specific Integrations
– Device Coverage
– Automation Coverage
– In-App Purchases
– Smoke & Release Checks
– Contribute to “Master” Test-Plan Agenda
- Work together with Automation QA to review, curate and report results. Organise Functional QA coverage for said results & improve the process that drives these results together with the Test Lead & Manager.
- Deal with user-impact, blocking or high risk issues. Analyse and report then escalate as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Test Lead & Manager to ensure adequate coverage and improve existing procedures.
- Participate in various meetings to offer updates on QA progress and learn about progress of other teams involved in said meetings.
- Partner up with Outsourced QA in common goals.
- Support Outsourced QA in any questions or requirements they might have.
- Occasional support for the Content team on testing:
– Live Operations events and dynamic changes in a live game environments
– Environments, furniture and clothing items from an asset and functional POVRequirement
- At least two years experience in a QA position on either Mobile or Console.
- Previous experience working in the games industry.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of Free to Play business model in games.
- Interest and knowledge of mobile platforms (Amazon, Google Play, Apple).
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance Concepts, Processes, and Troubleshooting Procedures.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and to meet given deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and able to work as part of a team.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to identify risks and escalate to applicable stakeholders.
- Previous experience with black-box testing.
- Previous experience with issue tracking databases (JIRA, Hansoft, DevTrack, Mantis etc.).
- Experience with creating Checklists, Test-Cases & Action Plans and associated tools such as Test-Rail, JIRA Test-Management or any similar tools.
- Ability to understand QAs involvement throughout the development cycle and drive actively.
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Previous Quality Assurance experience with Freemium mobile games.
- Previous Quality Assurance experience in testing social mobile games.
- Passionate and experienced social mobile games player.
- Has the testing knowledge to provide constructive feedback to address challenges that come up within the project.
- Experience with platform specific (Apple, Google Play, Amazon) Certification testing.
- Experience with leading a small team of Testers.