At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an awesome lead software engineer who has a solid background within mobile app/game development. The role will involve leading a team of developers to add new and improve upon existing features within Avakin Life.
- Work closely with various teams throughout Lockwood to develop new or improve existing functionality, eg. UI/UX, Backend, Data.
- Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self- motivated, proactive
- Collaborate with our QA teams to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner;
- Promote and adhere to best-practice with regards to code quality and performance; and continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues.
- Collaborate with Leads and Product team to help plan and schedule tasks and app releases;
- Lead, manage, mentor and support a team of programmers.
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions in existing and new features / functionality.
- Keep up to date with Unity game engine features and best practices for performance.
- 5+ years programming experience developing games, mobile applications or similar products.
- Experience of shipping at least one game or mobile application
- Excellent communication skills; you must be comfortable collaborating with colleagues from non-programming disciplines
- such as player support team and live ops team.
Desirables: Unity3D, C#, Experience working on a live product, Experience with Git or P4.