With over three million unique monthly users, Avakin Life is a fantastic opportunity for a Compliance and Certification Tester to work on an awesome live product. We are looking for an individual to run and update our certification and compliance checklists, maintain a diverse device firmware library, and provide build reports to the production team.
Other responsibilities for the role will include providing constant support to the Development and Production teams by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected quality level and maintaining terminology databases/glossaries for game contents which may include but will not be limited to both new and old features and sub-features.
- Run certification and compliance checklists based on 1st Party app store requirements like Apple, Google, and Amazon.
- Work with client team Software Engineers, artists, and production team to eliminate issues before change lists integration, and to validate that features have reached the targeted quality levels.
- Compile trackers, and reports to be used for regression, checklists, and test coverage.
- Take responsibility for specific areas of the client, create test briefs including edge case test scenarios and potential knock-on issues into other areas, and create test cases containing accurate verification points based on production expectations.
- Analyse the information provided by the Development and Production Teams to identify risk areas.
- Find and document high-quality issues based on department standards and perform edge case scenario tests to ensure fixes have no knock-on effects.
- Interface daily with the domain experts – development and production team – and provided high quality support and accurate feedback.
- Verify pre-integration change lists for issue fixing, feature changes, or client tweaking.
- At least one years’ experience in a QA position on either Mobile or Console.
- Previous experience working in the games industry.
- Previous experience working on 1st Party guidelines from the Mobile app stores.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and to meet given deadlines.
- Effective communication skills and able to work as part of a team.
- Very good knowledge of mobile platforms (Amazon, Google, Apple).
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience with black-box testing.
- Previous experience with issue tracking databases (JIRA, Hansoft, DevTrack, Mantis etc.).
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Passion for modern technology from the mobile world.